If you find dealing with multiple mailboxes bothersome, using an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird is the solution. This Thunderbird email tutorial will show you how you can easily set it up.
What is Mozilla Thunderbird?
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. It was launched in 2004 and since then had become a popular email management platform alongside Outlook and Gmail.
Among its best features are an intuitive setup wizard, custom-tailored email addresses, cross-platform chats, adaptive message filters, add-ons, customizable themes, and more.
Thunderbird Email Tutorial – How to Set it Up in a Few Easy Steps
This Thunderbird email tutorial will provide steps to set it up with the Hostinger mailbox.
Collecting IMAP, POP3, and SMTP Details
While the latest version of Thunderbird automatically configures mail protocols and ports on the first setup, you can tweak the settings manually to improve email exchange security.
To find the necessary information for the manual setup, and create a new account, follow these steps:
- Click on Email Accounts under the Email section on your hPanel.
- Inside, you will see E-mail details containing the information you need. Hostinger mail uses IMAP for incoming mails and SMTP for outgoing mails. You can replace IMAP with POP3 if you prefer. To learn the differences between these three mail protocols, check out this tutorial.
- Scroll down to create a new Hostinger email account, if you haven’t made one. Fill in the details and press Create.
Setting up Email in Mozilla Thunderbird
Once done, proceed with the following:
- Download and install the Mozilla Thunderbird software.
- Open the email client. Then, click Email under the Set up an account section.
- On the prompted window, fill in Your name, Email address, and Password, then press Continue. You can also select Get a new email address if you don’t want to use an existing one.
- The system will connect your Hostinger email account to the application. Once it returns a positive response, click Done to finish or press Manual Config to change the settings using the details collected previously.
- If you select the latter, it will bring you to this pop-up window. After manually changing the ports to improve security, choose the Re-test button, then click Done.
That’s it! You have successfully configured your Thunderbird email setup. Let’s recap the steps once more:
- Go to your hPanel’s Email Accounts to collect email protocol details and create a Hostinger mailbox.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird, fill in the details, then press Done.
- Or, manually configure the settings to improve security using the details found in step 1.
We hope this Thunderbird email tutorial was helpful. Keeping your inboxes neat and organized has never been easier!